Do Shampoo Bars work for everybody?
Hair and skin is very unique and we each react differently to certain products. Shampoo bars are no different. Here are a few tips on joining the shampoo bar movement.
1. There is always an adjustment period to your hair when using Shampoo Bars.
Commercial liquid shampoo and conditioners may initially make your hair feel amazing, but they contain chemicals that coat your hair to give it that silky feel. This feels great in the beginning, but soon after build-up and residue are formed that ultimately lead you to change brands. With shampoo bars you need to give your hair time to detox of residue. This varies per person (sometimes 1 week to a month).
2. Not all shampoo bars are created equally, so results vary by different ingredients.
Because shampoo bars are created with different ingredients, the texture, feel and lather of your hair will vary. You need to test different bars to find the best bars that work on your hair. Shampoo bars are created with real, gentle ingredients, so they will not strip or damage your hair. Because of this, your hair may feel different wet -- this is completely normal and OK. You will also notice that it dries differently.3. Best way to use Shampoo Bars:
- Wet hair.
- Wet shampoo bar and begin washing hair by gently rubbing the shampoo bar from front to back, ensuring that scalp is being washed.
- Gently massage scalp forming lather.
- Rinse hair thoroughly to ensure product is completely out of hair.
- Repeat as needed.
- Use an Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) rinse as conditioner if you would like.
- ACV recipe: 1 part ACV to 1 part water. (You can adjust this formula to your liking. I have more oily hair, so I do 2-3 parts water to 1 part ACV.)